How to get help
What we do
How to help us
Norwich Foodbank is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Co. No. 7051996) with limited liability by guarantee.
Charity number 1143528 - registered for Gift Aid with HMRC - No XT22368
Registered office address:
Henderson Business Centre,
51 Ivy Road, Norwich NR5 8BF
Tel: 01603 251733 E-mail: email@example.com
The name Norwich foodbank is used in all its works.
Patrons Rt Revd Graham James, Bishop of Norwich, Delia Smith CBE and Susan Hill CBE.
Foodbank prayer latest news
January 2017 Prayer News from Norwich Foodbank
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain falls soft upon your fields
And may God hold you in the palm of His hand
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1.The abundant and generous Christmas donations we received throughout December, enabling us to supplement the basic food parcels with special, festive items for all those accessing our services
2. Our wonderful volunteers, who give up their time so freely and willingly, particularly over the Christmas and New Year weeks. We think especially this month of those in the warehouse, who did extra shifts and we thank God for Pat and his commitment as Warehouse and Transport Manager, overseeing and organising through a very busy period
3.The continued support from Aviva staff and others within our community, as we were once again able to provide Christmas presents to young adults, children and families who otherwise might have gone without a gift – almost 150 gifts were given out!
4. Staff and customers at Tesco and Sainsburys following collections there during December, raising almost £2,000 in cash donations as well as 1.5+ tonnes in food!
6. The work of a new charity – Norwich Foodhub – as they help to reduce food waste in our city by collecting and redistributing food that would otherwise be binned
7. Successful grant applications and monetary gifts from supporters including churches, private individuals, businesses and schools!
8. A new relationship with First Buses, allowing us to give free tickets to clients without the means to get home from foodbank or to get to important appointments
Philippians chapter 3 verses 13-14:
'Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for whichGod has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.'
We pray for:
1. The Trustees, Hannah and Pat as they look ahead to the coming year. For God’s guidance and our humility and willingness to listen and act according to His will
2. The Christian support available through Christians Against Poverty, Kings Money Advice and the Oak Grove Money Advice services, offering free support and advice to those affected by financial difficulties; and for courage for those in need to ask for help
3. The FISH clubs that will take place in February half term – for those doing the planning and delivery of the sessions and for those who attend to enjoy all that’s on offer and feel supported
4. Our volunteers at Wroxham and Oak Grove distribution centres especially, as new people join the teams and others step down from their roles. Also for good health for all our volunteers, following a bout of bugs and illnesses over recent weeks
5. Continued good management of our funds, stocks and time, and wisdom and good relationships for those involved in these tasks
6. A positive and encouraging evening at our annual volunteer’s celebration in March, and for the planning and preparation to go smoothly
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most
8,790 food parcels given to local people in the last 12 months
including 2,969 children,
up to 28th February 2017
| || || |