How to get help
What we do
How to help us
Norwich Foodbank is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Co. No. 7051996) with limited liability by guarantee.
Charity number 1143528 - registered for Gift Aid with HMRC - No XT22368
Registered office address:
Henderson Business Centre,
51 Ivy Road, Norwich NR5 8BF
Tel: 01603 251733 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The name Norwich foodbank is used in all its works.
Patrons Rt Revd Graham James, Bishop of Norwich, Delia Smith CBE and Susan Hill CBE.
Foodbank prayer latest news
September 2016 Prayer News from Norwich Foodbank
For harvest moon and leaves of gold, for autumn beauty I behold, I give You thanks
For dreams fulfilled, for peace and hope,abundant grace You've bestowed, I give You thanks
For gentle rains, for sunny days, for misty mornings, for fields of hay, I give You thanks
For answered prayer and tears You wiped, for restful sleep all through the night, I give You thanks
For seeds to sow and open doors, for all of these and so much more, I give You thanks
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. Two very specific volunteers who started in July for very different reasons (!) – Claire has been seconded from John Lewis for one day a week for 6 months and Helen received long service leave from her teaching job in Switzerland and came to Norwich to volunteer with us. We thank God for ALL our volunteers and for these two who have been (and continue to be!) a blessing to Hannah in the office and others within the charity
2. Continued very good relationships with the other foodbanks within Norfolk. We thank God for the other Christians in managerial and Trustee positions and for the support, encouragement and advice we are able to receive and give each other
3. A very good report from the Trussell Trust following the annual Quality Assurance visit. We thank God for the constructive comments to help us provide an even better service and for the encouraging words spoken over all aspects of the foodbank
4. The opportunity to be the ‘charity of the year’ for two supermarkets and the fundraising and relationships this will bring. We praise God for the way in which this is already happening!
5. The recent sponsored events which have brought unexpected funds into our charity, which has been a blessing and encouragement – we thank God for so many people who want to offer support in such a variety of ways
6. The new charity ‘BabyBank’ which has received charitable status and a huge amount of support in terms of donations of baby items – we thank God for those who have rallied round founder Vicky to help make the charity a ‘success’
7. Our third summer series of FISH clubs, the families we have been able to support and engage with and the volunteers who have enabled these clubs to take place. We also give thanks for the individuals, businesses and groups who have supported us with time, money and items
Matthew chapter 7 verse 21
‘Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does
the will of My Father who is in heaven.’
We pray for:
1. Families struggling with back to school costs and already worring about Christmas and general winter expenses. We pray for grace and mercy from the agencies or others they turn to and for courage to seek help early on
2. The family and friends of a dear foodbank volunteer who passed away in August. We pray for peace for all who grieve and for people to be responsive to their needs
3. The upcoming time of Harvest Festivals – usually our busiest time of the year. We pray for good planning within the warehouse, peace and health for Pat and his teams and for good support from churches and schools, as they are able
4. Distribution centres who are experiencing changes within their volunteer teams – some leaving and some new starters – we pray for unity amongst teams, quick learning and good relationships at Witard Road, St Stephens, Wymondham and Oak Grove
5. Continued provision of food, money and wisdom as we know the welfare changes regarding Universal Credit have had a big impact on Great Yarmouth foodbank’s reserves
6. As we begin planning our Christmas campaigns, we pray for wisdom and good preparation for Hannah (Project Manager) and the office team and that the ideas are well received
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most
8,813 food parcels given tlocal people in the last 12 months
including 3,015 children,
up to 31st January 2017
| || || |