As we see displacement and pain on a huge scale in our world,
Give us the will and the means to make a difference,
As we see vulnerable people arriving in our communities,
Inspire us to offer a friendly face and a warm welcome,
May we offer them a glimpse of your unfailing love,
And may we become tools of your justice and mercy on this earth,
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. A wonderful evening of socialising and celebrating with our volunteers in March and we thank God for the commitment and dedication of all those involved in our charity
2. The funding received from the Co-op through membership donations, and for the opportunity to be in line for further funding
3. The support we have been receiving from STS Tyres, Taverham Lions and Wroxham Lions, who have provided a driver and van to collect donations following supermarket events
4. Continued support from businesses by way of hosting collection points, providing volunteers in the warehouse, at supermarket collections and at FISH clubs and fundraising
5. FISH clubs who have met during February and Easter school holidays – for the volunteers running the sessions, the families who come and the many and varied individuals and groups who support us with donations of food, money and activities
6. Positive and constructive feedback from our partner agencies as we seek to improve and review our services
7. The amazing work (including outreach into the community) done at so many churches within our city and further afield – the many free, hot meals provided throughout the week, the CAP services helping those in financial difficulties, the friendship and mentoring taking place for those who are alone and / or vulnerable – and so much more!
8. The huge amount of Easter Eggs that were donated, meaning we could give EVERYONE who attended foodbank at that time a chocolatey treat, alongside their food parcel
Zephaniah chapter 3, verse 17
'The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you by His love; He iwll exult over you with loud singing.'
We pray for:
1. Those currently in leadership positions and those who may be after the election! For a strong Christian presence and attitude amongst the new government, for courage to stand up for those who cannot speak and for hope for those who are currently struggling
2. Our 5 Trustees, Hannah (Project Manager) and Pat (Warehouse and Transport Manager) – for continued good relationships and support between each other and for God’s guidance in our work, each day. We also pray for our Chairman – Mark – as he is on sabbatical from May; for a relaxing, refreshing and inspiring time!
3. Those who support us so regularly with food and finances – for them to be blessed in their generosity and giving
4. The foodbanks nationally seeing a rise in referrals, following the Trussell Trust release of figures at the end of April. We continue to pray for the issues around Universal Credit, sanctions and other welfare benefits – for progress and breakthroughs in this area!
5. The ‘right’ people to come forward within our volunteer teams to undertake training for new roles within the distribution centres, in line with Trussell Trust’s ‘Money Life’ project. This will enable us to ‘signpost’ clients more effectively so they receive help and support out of their crisis as quickly as possible
6. The FISH clubs that will take place in the summer holidays, as planning is under way! We especially pray for clubs in Lakenham, Queens Hill, Heartsease, Silver Road, running for the first time since summer 2016. We pray the teams to gel quickly with each other and with the children and families who attend, and that those who attend will enjoy all that’s on offer
7. Continued good management of our donations in terms of finances, stock and time – and the willingness to listen to suggestions and try new ideas!
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most